There have been a lot of
cookies coming through our kitchen, so we have to keep this interesting. I need to start by saying we don’t buy potato
chips, we rarely have them in the house because if we did, we’d eat them. You have to have a fair amount of
self-discipline when you embark on a project like this or your clothes might
not fit after 25 days. I bought the bag
of chips for this recipe last week when I went on a cookie ingredient shopping
spree. I’m happy to say they have
survived unopened on the kitchen counter for a week. Because we don’t buy chips, we don’t really
have any brand loyalty but I don’t buy much unless it’s on sale so Utz won – it
was on sale. I went with the reduced
fat, not sure why, I’m putting them in a cookie but I guess I thought if there
were any left we’d be better off.
There are a number of potato
chip recipes out there, from some pretty big names too. I decided since we live in the South I might
as well give Paula Dean a try. I think
the only other recipe I have ever made of hers had 24 Krispy Kreme doughnuts in
it so if you’re looking for healthy you probably don’t need to look at her
recipes.
This recipe incorporates
powdered sugar and I don’t think we’ve used that yet so I thought I’d give it a
try. These bake at a low temperature for
a longer time so take note of that. I
was not prepared for that and had to delay my cookie baking until late today.
These have a good
texture. You get the crunch of the
potato chip. They are basically a butter
cookie – so if you like butter cookies with some crunch these may be for
you. I (we) like things exploding with
flavor, these do not explode with layers of flavor but you never know until you
give them a try. Let’s just say there
wasn’t a party in my mouth after tasting these, but don’t fear – I have some
ideas to create that party. So for those
of you that like a lightly sweet, crunchy cookie these may be for you. If you want to find that party, stay tuned.
Side Note: Some of the recipes drizzle these with
chocolate for a little added flavor. We
didn’t get that far tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment