Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 14 – Peanut Butter Cookies


OK, we’re over the hump and we’d like to think it’s all down hill from here! Yesterday’s cookie was really a unique and tasty treat, so I knew I had to do something to keep the positive energy.  As you might imagine, Beth and I have looked at LOTS of cookie recipes over the last two weeks.  I stumbled on this one this morning and decided to give it a shot. 

The feature ingredient tonight was Peanut Butter.  As always, I veered away from the exact recipe, mixing crunchy and creamy peanut butter and subbing dark chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, because we didn’t have any.  Lastly, I didn’t coat the cookies quite as heavily in sugar as they appear to in the recipe images.

The end result was a nice crisp cookie, with a gooey combo of milk and dark chocolate inside.  The recipe made over four dozen, so the elves should be busy this weekend.  Gotta give Haley credit for the photo below, even though she was in bed by the time we tried it.



Beth shared cookies with a good friend who had a great loss this year.  Ken, we’re glad you’re doing well.

Also shared a big batch of cookies from the entire week for the Hyaets Christmas Party.  Hyaets is an example of the true impact that a small group of people can have on a community.  We thank Helms and Greg, Joanie and Jason and their entire team for the commitment they’ve made to our neighbors in West Charlotte.  You inspire all of us to be better.  For more info about Hyaets visit http://hyaets.org/index.html

High expectations for tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment