Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 18 – Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies


I was able to kick off the cookie baking a little earlier today and I hit my first hurdle – it took us 18 days for me to burn our first batch of cookies.  You’d think after 18 days you wouldn’t make this mistake but it happens.  The recipe calls for a 400 degree oven and I think I may have started out that high, that seems high for a cookie recipe.  So we lost about 8 cookies that would have otherwise been delicious.  I took the oven down to 380 and reduced the cook time to 8 minutes.

I said it before but there are a lot of cookies coming through this kitchen so if I can cut the recipe in half (eggs, etc. work out) then I usually do.  I cut this recipe in half and had I not lost the 8 cookies we would have still had about 32 cookies.  The only change I made to the ingredients was I used Hot Mexican Style Chili Powder instead of regular Chili Powder.

These cookies do give you the taste of a good mug of hot chocolate with a finish of the chili powder.  I do believe in good quality Cocoa – so I used Ghirardelli brand Unsweetened Cocoa.  These cookies are not spicy, in my opinion.  I would definitely make these again.


The Slomkas finally joined the Cookie Joy experience and responded with a one word e-mail, Wow!



No comments:

Post a Comment