Tough to follow yesterday’s
combination of great memories and classic baking (including the shortening!),
so I decided to take a chance with a brand new recipe. We have an Orange Cake that we make fairly
often (I know many of you have had it) and it’s become a family favorite, so I
wanted to try to duplicate it in a cookie.
Today’s feature ingredients
– Orange (fresh juice and zest) and Whole Wheat Flour. We added plenty of butter and sugar to offset
these two “SuperFood” ingredients and found ourselves with a “cakey”
cookie. I cheated a bit and used some
leftover icing that I’d frozen after using it for a cake at Thanksgiving, but
it was very similar to the recipe. So
far the reviews are mixed with the consensus being that they’re good, but it’s
hard to compete with Chocolate.
The elves have a very busy
day tomorrow, so they may be doing some catch up work on Friday and over the
weekend with the Cookie Joy; but be ready, cause tomorrow may be your day!
See you Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment