Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 15 – Saturday’s are Great for Baking! – Wildly Wicked Chocolate Fudge Crackle Cookies AND Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!


Started the day with an exciting basketball game, which helped segue into a strong day of baking.  Chocolate Crackle cookies have been on my list from the beginning and after looking at plenty of recipes, I found this one today.  The name alone was worth the effort, but when I read the recipe and saw coffee, I knew I’d score some big points with my cooking partner!

This was one of the few cookie recipes around with no butter, but the melted chocolate more that makes up for it and helped produce a cookie that is bursting with chocolate flavor.  I mixed in some dark chocolate, just because we have it and I think it’s a bit healthier.  The powdered sugar also leads to a very picturesque product. 

This is definitely one of the new recipes that we’ll be making again.





Beth had her favorite feature ingredient on Thursday with Jalapeno and today was the one I’d been looking forward to, Bacon.

It’s obviously a trendy ingredient and we’ve used it in waffles, scones and brownies, but never cookies.  This recipe takes a simple chocolate chip recipe and goes to another level with not just bacon, but brown sugar candied bacon.

We decided to try these as a family and we all took that first bite and enjoyed a party in out mouths.  Pure Cookie Joy!  All I can say is go now and make this recipe.





The Young’s swim taxi got another sample today.  After entertaining Haley for most of the day, the Anglins got a well-deserved plate of Joy!  Also shared the joy at the SPCC Christmas Party, which led to many fun discussions, which is really why we’re doing this.  Go bake something fun and share it with others, I think it will be worth the effort.

Today will be hard to match, but we’re up for the challenge.  Hope to see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading the article in the paper and checking out your fun blog. The Bacon family is ALL about baking cookies and we are VERY excited to try this candied bacon recipe, for obvious reasons. Cheers to your family for all the good cheer this project spreads. Happy new year!
    -Alex Bacon & family

    ReplyDelete