Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 12 (12-12-12) - Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookie


Almost half-way through this journey and the mid-week timing made today a challenge.  Tried to get back to some basics after yesterday’s adventure.

Cinnamon Chips are the star of the cookie today.  There is a bakery here that makes some great products with cinnamon chips, scuffins (a mix between a muffin and a scone) and whole wheat cinnamon chip bread.  I always enjoy those products.  I had been in search of cinnamon chips for a few weeks and finally resorted to ordering them online.  Our local Harris Teeter stores now have them in-stock, they only seem to carry them seasonally so if they interest you stock up.  BTW, I noticed today that they are on VIC special this week.

I baked these at about 335 for 12-13 minutes.  I did omit the raisins, if you haven’t noticed, our family greatly prefers the crushed grape.  The cookies bake thin and crunchy with a little chew.  I have decided during the first 12 days of this adventure that I prefer that type of cookie.  Personally, I’d rather have a piece of cake than a cake-like cookie.


The elves made their way out of the hood to share some Joy and have big plans for tomorrow.  Hope a few big donations and the fact that the weekend is in sight will bring back some energy.  Hope to see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment