I’m going to admit up front
I’m a big Guy Fieri fan – I like him, I like his look, I like his personality,
now let’s see how his cookies turn out (Just to confirm, John’s a fan as well,
but this is Beth!). During this
adventure we have spent a fair amount of time on the internet looking for new
cookie recipes. So, when we came across
one of Guy’s, which included an interesting ingredient (Rosemary) we decided we
should add it to the list.
A little bit about Rosemary,
we love it – we grow it in the back yard and really enjoy it on roasted new potatoes
but, I’ve never used it in a cookie recipe before.
I’m a recipe follower so on
the days I bake you can pretty much count on the fact I follow the recipe exactly. I may adjust the temperature and time but
that is usually it. I baked these at 340
for 12 minutes and I did use regular oats instead of quick oats, because that
is what we have. The only other change I
made was I put about 1 Tbs of batter on the sheet instead of 2 Tbs, I think
this made a flatter cookie, which I happen to prefer.
I tasted one shortly after
they came out of the oven, I got the aroma of rosemary and a slight taste but
not overpowering – the cookie was chewy and tasty. I let the other half cool completely and now
the cookie has a crunchy texture, but still some chewiness. The coconut flavor comes through but not
overpowering. I think you get a nice
blend of oats, coconut and cranberries with a hint of rosemary, enough to spark
some curiosity. Thankfully Guy didn’t
disappoint me.
Tip - if you don’t bake with
parchment paper, I would recommend you consider it. We discovered it a few years ago and there is
no need to spray the pans the cookies don’t stick and I feel like you get a
more consistent product. All of the
cookies we bake during this project will be baked on parchment paper. Also, if I’m in the kitchen I rotate the
cookie sheet once during baking – our oven doesn’t seem to bake evenly so
rotating the pan seems to help.
Back to Day 6 - Don’t let
the green stuff scare you – these are a keeper.
Do yourself a favor, go buy a rosemary “tree’ at Lowes and you can have
yummy cookies and potatoes all year long.
The Parks enjoyed their
first installment of cookies; as well as Lloyd, my long-time hair stylist. Feel free to call ahead if you want to stop
by and join in the Cookie Joy. Have a
great Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment