Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 20 – Balsamic Chocolate Cookies


Many of you know that one of our favorite desserts is balsamic vinegar & black pepper strawberries.  We love them because they taste great and still have some “cool factor” because they’re a bit unique.  With strawberries out of season and the cookie energy lagging, I decided to search for balsamic vinegar cookie recipes.

I wasn’t able to find that many examples, but I did find two that seemed interesting and selected this one because it’s chocolate and sea salt, with the feature ingredient being balsamic vinegar.  Tough to top that on a rainy Thursday night!

These cookies were very easy to make and baked nicely.  They were a bit “cakier” than I anticipated and I wasn’t sure how much sea salt to add to each, so I progressively added more with each batch.  These have a rich chocolate taste and are balanced nicely by the sea salt. 

I’ll definitely add this to the list of 2-3 other new chocolate cookies recipes that we’ll make again.



The Cookie Joy hit Carmel Middle School hard today, with 6 teachers getting a sample from the last few days, as well as a cupcake that H and I cooked in between cookies this week.

Heading down the home stretch and looking forward to a few more twists before it’s over.  TGIF!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment