Since I don’t have any
memories of Grandma’s recipes, I like to credit my Mom for starting my love of
cooking. There are many signature
Southern dishes that I remember her making (and she still does when we slow
down enough to let her cook for us!) and there’s no doubt that my favorite
cookie was what she called Preacher Cookies.
The legend says they have
this name because they are fast and easy to cook, in case the Preacher drops by
unexpectedly. Helms and Greg are always
welcome and I’ll be sure to bring some of these to church on Sunday.
The feature ingredients are
a luscious combination of chocolate, oats and peanut butter. They really are as easy as the recipe says
and are simply delicious. Thanks Mom! Your granddaughter has a big smile on her
face right now.
The elves brought a batch of
cookies to the HT office today and a dozen of yesterday’s batch are going to a Holiday
Bake Sale to Support Cookies for Kids Cancer.
Thanks to our wonderful friend Libby for making the suggestion and volunteering
to deliver them (I just hope all 12 make it to the event!). For more info visit www.charlottegoodcookies.com
Haley and I are baking on
Saturday, so expectations are high.
Thinking we might stretch the rules a bit and bake two, hope you’ll stop
by to check us out. Have a great
Saturday and no matter where you're swimming, I hope the water is fast!
OK, I think we fixed the comments section, so please give it a try. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to my share tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHelms
Can't wait to share them!
DeleteThis is one of my favorites from Mamaw Clercie! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete