Must
admit that it’s hard to keep the energy high with the mid-week cooking, but Day
19 is here and it’s been a full day!
Didn’t decide what to bake until around 6:00 pm tonight, so crunch time
was upon us. I was searching for a
peanut butter and honey recipe and stumbled onto this one instead.
I
love honey and was intrigued by the fact that this recipe had no sugar, so here
we are. I made numerous changes,
including adding some flax seed, sunflower seeds, mixing butterscotch chips and dark chocolate
and skipping the raisins (a theme throughout the first 19 days!).
The
first batch was a bit dry, so I added more honey to the next two batches and
they were progressively better. As you’ll
see, mine were a golden brown, where the ones in the source recipe were much
darker. I can only assume that’s because
they included raisins and all chocolate.
These
were also pretty healthy (Oats, Dark Chocolate, No Sugar), so I plan to add
them to the list of breakfast cookies, rather than desserts.
The
Cookie Joy was shared with both Bus Drivers today, as well as Haley’s teacher,
Ms. Massengill. Now, more than ever, we
want to thank our teachers, bus drivers and school staff for everything they do
for our children.
Beth
also shared the Joy with several family friends in Fairmont this evening. Nothing beats home delivery after 6+ hours of
driving!
Have
some interesting plans for tomorrow, so I hope you’ll join us.
No comments:
Post a Comment